RE: Celebration .....

>Have some pity on your northern buddies. Tell us about some hardship.

I hate to let those in Florida think they're having all the fun. As anyone
in the SF Bay Area will attest, it's been gorgeous here this week. We've
had record highs in the 70's! Last week it was cold (for us anyways) and I
actually got out the winter gloves for a couple of early morning jaunts.
However this week I'm back to the summer gloves, and if I believed in it, I
would be riding in my t-shirt. Haven't seen rain in over a month, and the
only hardship has been that a few days ago it was really windy and with the
3 bag setup, the handling was definitely affected.

In answer to someone else's concern about us fair weather riders not
proving ourselves, I've ridden in snow three times and I rode a KLR650 to
Alaska (some days in 25 degree weather and without benefit of a fairing or
electric vest, thank you very much), I just wouldn't choose to do either on
a regular basis. Our great weather is one reason why people are willing to
plunk down $350K for a fixer-upper house in this valley. Now that's a
hardship!

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website