Re: Tank Bag Recommendations, Please

- ----------
>From: Andrea <springbok@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Tank Bag Recommendations, Please
>Date: Tue, Dec 21, 1999, 10:07 AM
>

> At 10:08 AM 12/20/99 -0800, Rick Damiani wrote:
>>The Triumph tank bag is very nicely built, expandable to unreasonable
>>size [1] *and* (when you remove the stiffener) collapsible to a more
>>reasonable size, and the bag can be separated from the map pocket if
>>you want the map pocket alone. On the down side, if you want to remove
>>the tank bag (i.e. use it only for trips) you have to deal with the
>>pad the bag itself mounts on.
>
> How much time does it require to mount/unmount the pad? Is it necessary to
> use any tools?
> Is it possible to transform the bag in a backpack?
> Thanks.
>
> -andrea
 I modified the tankbag so that the pad comes off with the bag. The two
front clips and the two rear clips are always on the bike. When I'm not
using the bag, the front clips are out of sight between the tank and the
fairing and the two rear ones are under the seat. The bag and pad go on and
off in seconds.

Duner Tor
Bozeman MT

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website

End of st-digest V1999 #338