Fuel Leak Update

First of all, I would like to thank all the people who sent me
feedback with regard to my fuel leaking problem. It was all really
helpful in identifying exactly where the trouble was.

The problem was in fact with the black plastic elbow which is
screwed into the tank. It wasn't cracked but the threading had
worn out a bit causing the fuel to leak through.
Saturday I went to my dealer and they sorted it out for me.
unfortunately, they didn't have a spare part but they put some
teflon tape on the threading which fixed it. I'm close to my
20000 km service and will hopefully get a new one then.

The explanation they gave was that the wearing of the thread was
probably due to the vibrations. I would hope that this problem is
limited to only those "unlucky" units such as mine which have just
about leaked any liquid it could. But, if you do start smelling
fuel, I guess this is one of the first places to look.

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish everybody a very
Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Millenium.

All the best,
Carlo
All Black ST - Milan, Italy

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website