Re: Crash followup

Previously, you (David Arnett) wrote:
> Be sure you get the 5 crush washers (not supplied with the Gen-Mar kit
> I bought for my ST) for the brake line.  I forget what size they are,
> but it is highly recommended to replace them when installing the new
> brake line.  I got them from a Yamaha dealership (on the way home from
> work) and they bean-holed me for about $12.00 for them....bunch of
> thieves!!! Don't forget the fluid, and a suitable bleeding device.

You think I'm going to install a new brakeline myself? Bwah hah hah hah!
I'm not competent to hand wrenches to people who know how to use them.
Put me in front of a computer or in a shop full of woodworking equipment
and I can build anything you can imagine.

This is a time when I wish either my brother or Thomas lived a LOT
closer to me.  :-(

> I really like the risers, aside from having to reroute the clutch
> cable over the steering head, for which now I have gotten used to.

That is a downside, but I figure I'll get used to it also.

> They do hamper "flickability" slightly, but the added comfort is well
> worth it in my opinion.

I'd forgotten what "extremely flickable" was like until this morning
when I had to take my old (now my wife's) Nighthawk 450 to work.  This
was the first time on it in over a month, and my first time back on 2
wheels since the crash (9 days).

The Nighthawk is SMALL! And I feel like I should get off and push it to
make it go faster.  And the brakes just don't have it.  However you can

toss that thing all over like nobody's business which, combined with the
short wheel base and front geometry, makes for an enjoyable ride despite
its other shortcomings.

Funny, I used to think it was quite the bike when I first started to
ride.

The one place my old CB-450SC really shines is the seat.  Man, I could
do 1,000 miles on that and still be comfortable! If I could figure out
what it is about that seat that is so right and get Sarget to rebuild
the ST seat using those features, then Jewel would be absolutely
flawless!

> They will also lower the speed at which wrist pressure is neutralized
> and becomes negative.  When this happens, I just scoot my butt back a
> little on the seat.

Good.  I spend far too much of my time at lower speeds (riding around
the city) for the stock position to be comfortable.  I need that neutral
position to be achieved at a lower speed.  I figured that I could adjust
my seating position to compensate, just as you pointed out.

> Get well soon!!!

Thanks.  My knee is healing very rapidly.  There is still weeks of
healing to go, and it still hurts, but it already significantly better
than it was.

Just a suggestion David, but you might want to set your line length on
your mail client to something reasonable.  Your message came to me as
one, long line.  I could read it OK, but replying gave my editor some
minor problems.

- --
Bill Flowers - Never Say Die
Clearwater FL