New Owner Questions

As I sit here watching it snow out the window, the spring delivery of my ST
seems a very long way off!   I also realise that I have several questions
about my new bike that I neglected to ask the dealer about.   I would be
grateful if those of you 'in the know' could answer the following questions
for me:

1.   I seem to recall that the gas tank is non-metallic which means my
magnetic tank bag won't work.   Am I   correct?   That being the case, I
would appreciate any recommendations on a top-quality tank bag that fits
well on the contours of the ST gas tank and doesn't slide around.   I'm not
interested in one of those monster 20 litre bags, but a good-sized map
pocket is important to me.   I welcome your recommendations.

2.   I've ordered the rear seat cowling and the saddlebags.  Will the
cowling fit with the saddlebags in place?
I understand that the rear grab rail has to be removed.   Is that required
in order to fit the saddlebag bracketry, the cowling, or both?

3.   I've also ordered the heated grips.   Where is the switch mounted to
control the grips?   I've seen several postings referring to purchasing a
European headlight switch cluster in order, I'm assuming, to utilise the
extra headlight on/off switch for the heated grips.   Is this correct?   If
so, what is wrong with the stock heated grip switch that would warrant going
to this extra effort and expense?   I'd really appreciate some detailed
information on the reasons and procedure for making this modification.   Is
the re-wiring required complicated (I'm fairly competent working on bikes;
is this a do-it-yourself project?)   Also, Jack Lilly in the U.K. seems to
be the source of choice for the switchgear.   Has anyone stateside ordered
this piece and, if so, what was the cost/delivery time, etc.?

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to respond to these questions.
I'll probably think of more . . .!!!

Regards,

Paul Wilson
Toronto,  Canada