Re: New member introduction

Hello Keith,
At 10:37 AM 12/13/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I am not yet the owner of a Sprint; I've put a deposit on a 2000
>Eclipse Blue Sprint RS and should take delivery in January (fingers
>crossed).  I know this is an ST list, but since there is no RS list
>yet, this seemed like a good place for useful information about the
>bike, since they share a lot in common.

Welcome to the list! I'm in the same situation: I ordered a racing yellow
RS approx. a month ago.
Yesterday I talked to the dealer and he told me the bike already left Milan
and now it's on the way to Cagliari (Sardinia). It should be here before
friday. Yes! :-))

He also proposed me to wait january before taking delivery, because he'd
like to keep the bike some days for exposition (it is the first RS arriving
in Sardinia). Now I'm really undecided... waiting january I would have an
extra discount and a 2000 plate instead of a '99 one, that means slightly
better value when in the (I hope distant) future I'll sell the bike.
BUT I could not enjoy the bike during Xmas holidays!

To wait or not to wait, THIS is the question. :-\

>The RS does lack the option of hard bags (Triumph has no plans
>for hard bags for the RS line), which gave me pause, but I don't
>have use for bags that often and my Eclipse luggage should work

I decided to mount the Triumph topbox. Which is invaluable for commuting or
for relaxed roundabouts. I can always remove it when I'm in the mood for
some sportriding.

>fine for when I do.  I probably will have to buy a different tank bag,
>as mine is magnetic and I think the airbox on the RS is not metal.

Damn! I didn't know that. "Of course" I have a magnetic tank bag too.

>I live in California, in the San Francisco Bay area;

As I said I'm from Cagliari, south Sardinia. A not-too-small island in the
heart of the Mediterranean sea, with lots of twisty roads :-)

ciao,
andrea