Re: Help Required

I ride alot with a friend who owns an ST1100; it still looks pretty hideous without the boxes, even with hidden rails (it doesn't look great with them either, but that's just an opinion of course). Besides which, the Honda boxes are about 60% the size of the ST ones, and pretty impractical for anything longer than two days; he had to buy a 50l GIVI, which really adds to the looks :)  Beside which, as with most ST1100 owners he drops it on most trips at least once trying to turn in tight spaces; picking up 326kg is enough to convince anyone that the ST has some big advantages :)
cheers
Jonathan

"Lance LaCerte, Psy.D." wrote:

> I seem to be in the minority --- but I didn't think twice about NOT ordering
> the panniers.  Once the pannier hardware is on, removing the bags causes the
> bike to look pretty ugly IMHO.

You may be in the minority, but you're certainly not alone!  I didn't order
panniers for the same reason.  I think the hidden pannier mounting system on the
Honda ST1100 should be mandatory on all motorcycles since it so slick. BTW, I
use Chase-Harper bags too.  There's a pic of my ST with the Chase-Harper
saddlebags and tank bag  at http://home.att.net/~ggjag4/sprint.htm.

GG