Re: Speaking about leg protection.

Previously, you (Thomas Emberson) wrote:
> For the people on the ST list, you will unfortunately know what
> I am talking about when I say "Monkey see monkey do".
>
> My bike is in the exact same condition as Bills for almost the
> exact same reason.

Thomas, I know we are friends and all, but you don't have to copy me.
If I rode off a cliff I wouldn't expect you to follow me.

Seriously, I am very sorry to hear this.

When we get together next we can compare scars.  In the meantime
hydrogen peroxide to clean it, Polysporin cream to keep it from being
infected.  Change the dressing frequently.  Consider getting a tetanus
booster if you haven't had one in 5 years, just to be safe.

> Anyway, I was leaving a cage dealership after ordering a part for
> my truck, went to turn left. There was some traffic coming so I
> gave it a bit of gas, well too much gas as it turns out. Next thing
> I know I counter steer and watch my bike slide away and spin as I
> hit the ground and receive the exact same injuries as what Bill
> described to my left knee. Damn jeans. No marks on the helmet, but
> the marks on the left glove and sleeve of my jacket suggest that
> the reason I am typing now is that some cow gave its life not in
> vein.

We can compare jacket scars too.  :-(

> The bike, left foot peddle and rear signal busted off, left tail
> plastic bruised as is the grab rail.  The left side fairing ground
> through as is the engine cover under it. With the front signal
> light and mirror looking a bit rough, but not bad.

Engine cover holed?  Wow, your Ninja is in worse shape than my ST!

> anyway, it will be interesting to see how much work I can get done
> tonight with my leg on the desk.

Ibuprofin (e.g. Advil) for the pain.  I found Tylenol didn't even touch
it.

> One last though, does anyone have any spare ZX9rC? parts lying
> around?
>
> Thomas, now with two bikes to fix up :-(

What are we going to do with you?  <sigh>

- --
Bill Flowers - Never Say Die
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"