Re: Leg protection

Previously, you (Eric Sheley) wrote:
> Bill, I normally wear HG V-Pilot pants year round. While it does get hot
> here during the summer, I have had no problems with the heat. I have
> trouble with the heat from the jacket, but this new triumph jacket has
> really made a difference there (sorry - I did remember that you didn't want
> to hear about jackets).

I feel that I have adequate protection from my current jacket.  This was
proven on Sunday.  The jacket is somewhat scuffed, but I'm not even
bruised despite the lack of armor or padding.  True, a harder drop would
have bruised me, but the jacket did what it was supposed to do.  And it
keeps me very comfortable in anything below our FL summer heat, down to
the coldest days we've had.

> Back to the pants - they are well designed
> (stitching, fit etc) and are comfortable wether going 100 miles or 1000
> miles. Plus they have padding at the contact points (versus armor) which to
> a great job of protecting the exposed areas in a crash (and that way you
> don't have to rely on an altoids box to save you ...) ;-)

:-)  Good to know.  I'll file this away for future reference.

> The only time I have any problem with them is if I am doing a lot of
> walking while stopped (like robert's little bridge excursion in Arkansas -
> I seem to remember him saying "oh, it's right over that hill...") They do
> not get my recommendation for use as hiking pants.....

Yes, I can imagine.  I think.  :-)

- --
Bill