Re: first choice

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 KenTmpsnmc@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 12/2/99 9:56:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > My wife found this out in a parking lot when she dropped hers trying to
> >  get out of a parking space.  The drop was at a point of almost no forward
> > movement and
> >  she just let it down on the right side.  $2,000 later all the cosmetics
> have
> > been
> >  replaced and now it is for sale.
>
> A classic case of what most here have said about first bikes.  An R6 is a
> terrible 1st bike choice.  While they look innocent enough, don't believe it
> *any* current sportbike is to be respected as much as a Porsche 911 or Dodge
> Viper.  Pick something cheap, dropable and easy to ride.  Then move up as
> your experience and needs dictate.

Yeah but a viper/Porche can't

a) tip over
b) wheelie
c) stoppie
d) do a sub 4 second 0-60 easily

I would think a more apropriate analogy would be to something with
wings.

> Ken T. from Ca.
>
> If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.

Then starting out your riding career on a R6 would fit perfectly!
Just make sure you wear a lot of protective gear, that's all.

Thomas

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>

5025 Arapaho Road, Suite 406, Dallas, 75248
(972) 851-6945