Re: st-digest V1999 #317

In a message dated 12/3/99 12:21:06 PM, S2Mumford@xxxxxxx writes:

<<  I would like to hear from anyone who has recently been to the TT races.
>  Thanks >>

I went to the Isle of Man Grand Prix in Sept '98, which is lower-key than the
TT, with an emphasis on classic bikes. Had a great time. Isle is very
bike-firendly. Lots of little villages with nice Inns. You need to reserve on
the ferry and for accommodation well in advance. I think Isle of Man tourist
Bureau has a web-site. On "Mad Sunday" regular traffic is blocked from the
race course, and one can ride around at suicidal speed. It is also possible,
and wiser, to ride around at legal speeds at other times when the course is
open to legal traffic.