Re: First Bike?

Dan,

Thanks for the comparison to the YZF.  That is basically the only bike I
really have enough expirience on to compare to.  I felt okay on the YZF, I
noticed the tendancy to get very heavy in parking lots.  I feel like I will
be able to take on the ST.  It truely is a lovely bike and I think I'll
follow the advice of my brother......try to buy or get someone's slightly
damaged flarings from them and put them on the bike until I feel comfortable
that I'm not going to be likely to drop it.  The only think that has made me
uncomfortable on a bike so far is high accelleration at high speeds, so I
think I'll keep the throttle under control.  Now off to find (and hopefully
ride) an ST - hopefully I'll own one by spring.

Zack