Re: VFR vs. Sprint (again)

Eric Sheley <eric@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Price : was not a deciding factor for me or most that I have spoken with. I
> would really question someone reasoning if they picked the ST as the winner
> on all levels and then picked the VFR (or any other bike) instead because
> it was $1000 less.

Which is one good reason for paying very little attention to the
conclusions that MCN (UK) come to. After comparing the ST, the VFR and
the ST4, they concluded that the ST was the best bike but that you
should buy the VFR because it was cheaper. This is the same paper that
regulary extols the virtues of slapping four or five grandsworth of
carbon fibre and tat onto something like a Firestorm to make it into,
well, a more expensive Firestorm. In an all-rounder test, they
concluded that the ST was better for scratching than the VFR, but
they'd mark them equal as the VFR was cheaper (though I didn't see
them marking the CBR600 above the FireBlade for the same reasons).

- --
Mike Fleming