RE: Introduction and Buzzing Noise

Andy-

I posted about this last week. It seems the concensus is that it's the
fuel pump. However, you are the first one, besides me, that seems to
have as big a problem with it (i.e. it stays buzzing for long periods of
time).

I'm bringing mine in for it's 500 mi service next week and have had the
dealer order a new pump. He's going to change it out and see if that
cures (or at least improves) the problem.

I've noticed my fuel consumption seems to be a bit on the high side
judging from the reports listed here. I'm getting like 35-40 MPG with
mix city/hwy driving. Admitedly I'm riding rather spiritedly ;)

I'll let you know what happens....

Andy Said:

Hello all,

Thanks for all the input about the buzzing!  At this point I *guess* I
am
convinced that it is NOT a low pressure buzzer and that it is simply the
fuel pump pumping it's little heart out.  For the first 600 miles or so
it
would come on at initial start-up of the engine and then would stop,
however, now I can now here it for my entire commute into and back from
work; 40 miles and ~50 minutes each way.  Does anyone else have this
"feature"? Should the system simply "pressurize" or should the pump run
constantly?  I mostly just want to know if I should be concerned, since
I am
not extremely confident in my local dealer.

Thanks.
Andy
- --
Brian Wolfe

'99 Triumph SPrint ST (Stealthier Than &*^%^%$&*)