Re: accessary exhaust and the torque curve

Kyle
just sorted out my seat lock last night; dismantled the lock plate and bracket assembly that is mounted on the frame near the rear footpegs; that was fine and the key would still not turn.  Eventually used pliers to pull the wire to open the lock - is was very stiff; the seat popped off and I remembered alot of T5 owners saying that they had to put a plate or spacer under the latch mechanism that the seat pin fits into, when they fitted the Triumph rear luggage rack or the one from JL.  We have the same problem with some ST's; without a spacer the seat 'pin' is engaged only with alot of pressure on the seat; it is then binding the lock mechanism and prevents it from releasing smoothly.  Just get two rubber strips and mount them between the seat area frame and lock mechanism and it all works fine again.
good luck.
Jonathan

<chomp>...
The next thing on my list is the problem with the lock and wire to the seat
after the 2 panniers were put on.

Kyle

And of course .... Black is Beautiful !!

At least when you've got the huge fly cemetery on her face she won't look
like she's got the measles!