Re: accessary exhaust

Greetings Lance and Richard,

>The 'racing' exhaust is a completely street legal accessory offered by
>Triumph.

Nope ....

>The carbon fiber or stainless steel are cosmetic variations of the
>same cannister.

Yes .....

>  This exhaust will increase the horsepower of the bike, but
>you MUST have the engine remapped by your dealer when you put it on
>(another important note that seems to be applicable to some members on the
>list who have not had stellar results after the can has been added, is that
>it is crucial that your dealer has a CO analyzer to check proper flow once
>the engine is remapped).

Yes, Yes, Yes

>There is no indication that the cannister is too loud to pass inspections.

depends on local regs

>Hope that helps  (BTW, anyone on the list with more accurate information,
>please correct me if I'm wrong).

from the catalog (and thus the reason I keep putting for "off road use
only") *Note: This product does not conform to EPA noise standards. Use on
motorcycles subject to EPA regulation constitutes tampering and is a
violation of federal law. This product is designed for closed circuit
competition use only. This product is not available in some countries.
Please consult country distributor for more information.

Now that the legalese is out of the way, what does this all mean? Basically
it means that if you get pinched for violating some noise ordinance in
gated community where walking on the grass is a violation of the law, don't
go crying to triumph as you shouldn't have bought it....  Will you get in
trouble with this pipe ? I would say there is very little chance of it.
Just look at the number of Harleys running around with straight pipes and
you'll see what I mean.

My last Sprint had a set of Microns that under full roll on were ass
kickers. Plus the Givi bags acted as sound resonators (like a big passive
woofer) so I couldn't go anywhere quietly unless I was under 2500 rpms.....
Even in Key West where they were doing sound level checks, I still didn't
have a problem as I was not being obnoxious....

I would buy the pipes and enjoy ...... If - god forbid - you did have a
problem, and had to go back to stock, you could always turn around and sell
them to someone else on the list at a little bit of a discount.

- - Eric