Re: accessary exhaust and the torque curve

At 12:50 AM 04/29/1999 +0200, Kyle Rocke wrote:
>Now that I'm almost done with my run-in, I'm considering the Triumph
>"racing" exhaust. What I'm interested in knowing is how the torque curve is
>after the change. How will she be after the remapping? Will she loose the
>lower torque? Will she gain more at the top? Has anyone any info about the
>change? I want to hear her growl a little more. She's just a little too
>quiet.

I am trying to get my hands on some dyno runs and will post them as soon as
I get them.

Low end should show a big improvement, with the amount of improvement
tapering off the farther up the curve you get. The reason for this is as
follows. The stock exhaust with stock tune has more restrictions to meet
drive by sound requirements and emissions levels and most of these
restrictions are at the lower rpm level. This as you can imagine does not
make for optimum performance, but it does make them street legal. When the
"for race only" pipe is fitted, these requirements go out the window and
the pipe can be tuned for its best performance - the biggest gains being
seen where the biggest restrictions were before ......

plus it will make a little more noise....

>And of course .... Black is Beautiful !!

>At least when you've got the huge fly cemetery on her face she won't look
>like she's got the measles!

ohhh .... the owners of the black ST's are really grasping now .... it
looks better with bugs on it...... ;-)

- - Eric