Re: New subscribers

.

>The negatives:  Everyone who owned a pre-Hinckley Triumph will tell you
>about it (I was there, I know most of that stuff was crap).  Stories about
>mysterious electrical problems (shades *sic* of darkness by Lucas).  Less
>than enthusiastic customer service from corporate headquarters.  Long waits
>for parts and accessories.

 This is a different breed altogether.  Only the name is the same.

>What is the valve adjustment interval?  Has anyone tried a more sporting
>tire, say Michelin Macadams?  Is the swing arm attached to the lump or the
>frame?  Does the EMU monitor for detonation?  Is there a catalytic
converter
>in the can?  How's the horn?

  5-6 k on the valves for checking.  My dealer told me the newer T5 engines
are not needing much if any adjustment.
 Still on stock tires, but I can report good lean angles when the tires have
been warmed up.
Swing arm is on the frame.
Don't know about EMU.
No cat.
Horn sucks.

 James

>The other bikes on my current short list are CBR900RR, X1 Lightning,
VFR800,