Buzzing Noise

In my experience the sound you describe sounds like the fuel pump
pressurizing the system.  I have noticed that if it is cold (say under 45
degrees F) the noise is quite noticeable and can sometimes be quite
prolonged.  However, now that it is warming up (temps in the 60's) here in
Pennsylvania the bike rarely makes this noise.

Ride Safe
Charlie (BLACK ST) - Definitely the SEXIEST color according to a very
attractive and intelligent young lady who was admiring my bike....