Re: st-digest V1999 #50

>	Ok, I understand the brake cable and clip issue but what causes the
>clicking sound? A bind would not create a click. My ST has a click that
>I haven't found since January when I back her out of the garage and
>sometimes turn the bars to the left or right? Sometimes two or three
>times but I haven't been able to locate the clicking sound.

the front brake disks are of the floating type, and if you grab one and
move it side to side, it will click, they click as they pass through the
calipers too...wheeling the bike around without it running it is quite a
loud Click.. but nothing to worry about !

I also found the wiring loom was getting cut by the clutch cable..Thanx for
the warning guys!

I phoned my Triumph dealer and told him about the bolts on the crank case
and he replied that they checked and re torqued them on the first service
and to his knowledge thats all Triumph are requesting  they do about
it..How do I get some sort of proof  that there is a genuine recall for
this ? I would really like them replaced as I highsided my gpz900 and broke
my wrist because of coolent overflowing onto the rear tyre and dont want
the same experience twice!! If this happens who pays for the damage btw ?

Has anyone ever used Slick50 ( the 4 stroke wetclutch bike stuff ) and if
so is it worth putting in my bike? how long do you let her run in for
before you put it in too ? mines run in according to the manual but shoult
it be left to free up a bit more before you use it if you should use it at
all ?

Thanx in advance and THANX ERIC !