Re: newbie

Greetings Larry,

>rode a ST demo and that was it.  Am now going through hell waiting for
>it to get here.

been there - done that. A few of us on the list paid for our bikes last
year (Oct-Nov) and waited until January to even see one in the flesh....

>Question: What are some recommendations for chain care?  It's been a
>while since I owned a chain driven bike and I'm not up to date with the

I use Maxim chain wax. Easy to apply and doesn't fling like the lithium
based products do. I did it religiously on my old Sprint and I just got an
email from the guy that bought it, that he had changed the chain at 22,000
miles. Not too shabby.....

>latest and greatest.  I originally was going to order a Scott Oiler with
>the bike but it seem they do not make one for the ST yet.

Last I heard, they were working on a version to work on the FI bikes, but
there were some warranty concerns that they were working on with Triumph.
Mike Flemming who posts from time to time has more info on this I believe
... wait for his post.

- - Eric