re: introduction

> Howdy,
>
> As per the instructions from the list owner, this message is to
> introduce myself to the list.
>
> I am 36 yo.  I live in Seattle Wa.  I am currently without a motorcycle,
> however I used to ride a Ducati 900 ss cr.  Unfortunately a high side
> destroyed the bike and damaged my arm.
>
> I was planning to purchase a t595 or 955i or whatever it will be called
> next week, but the reviews about the Sprint have changed my mind.
>
> Any info regarding insurance rates and dealers in my area (i-90
> motorsports and cyclebarn are two I have heard of) would be appreciated.

Well, my ex-bike was a 900SSCR.  I'm now breaking in the ST, I'm
up to almost 800km.

First thing you notice is that's much heavier than a CR, I'd say a
good 50 pounds if not more.  Also, at least with the standard
exhaust the sound if fairly lame by Ducati standards.  I've got
the sport exhaust coming and that should bring the soul of the
bike a little more in my range.

As for riding, they are different bikes.

You'll also have to adjust to a higher center of gravity as the raised
seat height and won't miss the stock CR seat :)  The ST seat is better
but I don't find it great as others do but maybe my butt
isn't standard ...  And the extra fairing helps when leaving the
house with temperature around 3C.  That was deadly with the CR.

What really seperates the ST and the CR is the engine.  More
torque and HP on the ST, lots more.  You'll enjoy the added
performance.  And no more grabby clutch.  The pull on the clutch
is about the same maybe just a little less harder on the ST.
But the purpose of each bike is different.  If I'd wanted just a sports
bike, I would have stayed with a Ducati but because my bike is used
as transportation, travel and sport riding, the ST fits
the bill perfectly.

If you're worried about poser value, this bike gets as much
looks as the CR.

BTW, get the bags.  I had them off at first and now they're
always on.

All i can say is that get the ST, you won't be disappointed.

As long as it's in black :)
- --
Robert-Andre Croteau	BSD,MOTU		robert@xxxxxxx
Services Conseils Informatiques MOTU Inc. 	robert@xxxxxxx
(514) 465-3057					rcroteau@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.motu.ca/                             http://www.bb4.com
	Si le bonheur ne s'achete pas alors louez le.