Re: wind

From: Jack Hays
> One last thing, yesterday there was some strong side winds and my buddy
>on his '98 Sprint Ex commented again when we stopped to eat. "I just
>don't get it. I'm back there fighting the side wind and weaving all over
>the place and your bike's up there just going straight as an arrow. Even
>with one hand some times as you look around"! the answer my friend is
>stability and it's still rails in the corners! Great bike at 2,000.
>--

Jack, the wind was 20 + steady here yesterday with gusts even stronger.  I
felt some side push but nothing to make me feel nervous.  I was riding with
a friend who had his hopped up R1 in the lead.  I could stay with him
through most sections, but he could pull me out of the corners.  I saw an
indicated 155 mph with a side/head wind and gusts and the bike was solid,
except for an occasional feeling of the front wheel getting light.  Oh yea,
I had my saddlebags on too (touring bike style).  I am very happy with the
bike.  I have 3,000 miles on it now and I would have 10 times that if I
didn't spend so much time trying to pay all the bills :-(.
 I have had many bikes; BMWs K75s, R1100RS, Honda VFR... and I can say this
Triumph is the best all around bike I have ever had.  The engine is the
cream with SMOOTH power from 2500 rpm to redline.  BTW, to stay with the
lists MAIN topic as of late.....My bike is a RED one :-)

James Lock - Central Texas