Water in storgae box, fuel gauge, wind

	Ok, when I brought my ST home on January I wiped her down and applied
two good coatings a quality wax. Since then I've only wiped her down
after every ride and she has looked outstanding.
	Yesterday after my Kitchen Pass Ride through North Texas I finally
brought out the wash materials and gave Merlin a deserved good wash.
Again, outstanding looking! When I removed the seat to dry the lower
edge and the top of the side plastic guess what? A storage box full of
water. No dousing forever, but just a spray to wet, a good rub with car
wash solution, and spray off. It seems the grab handle is a conduit for
water to go under the seat and pool up on the rail brackets and then
drip into the storage box. When we were caught in the hail storm a
couple of weeks ago my wifes body must have kept the water out.
	Just be aware of this and remove your owners book and service manual
before washing and then remove the seat and dry the box. If not, I'm
afraid you will one day remove your seat to get to the service manual
for update and find it all wet and rotted.
	I must have the only good fuel gauge in the lot. I topped off from the
lower red line and warning light and when I started her back up the
gauge went to full. Stayed there for the first seventy mile and then was
very liner for the next 120 miles. At about 200 mile she is still
showing about 1/3 tank left. Mine always seems to produce the warning
light right when the gague hits the lower red mark and the light has
never stayed on after refueling.
	One last thing, yesterday there was some strong side winds and my buddy
on his '98 Sprint Ex commented again when we stopped to eat. "I just
don't get it. I'm back there fighting the side wind and weaving all over
the place and your bike's up there just going straight as an arrow. Even
with one hand some times as you look around"! the answer my friend is
stability and it's still rails in the corners! Great bike at 2,000.
- --
"The truth is out there"

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays, Triumph Red ST
Harpoon Manufacturing