Re: Grips and Boxes Update

At 12:31 AM 4/19/99 +0000, Mike Fleming wrote:
>Rich Weyand <weyand@xxxxxxx> said:
>
>> For bad news, while fighting the grip on I busted the locator
>> tang on the rear half of the right hand switch unit.
>
>> Oh well.  I also know how to fix shit.  Here is the fix if
>> you ever shear this locator pin.  There is a .080" hole down
>> the middle of the boss which ends in the locator pin.  This
>> boss is about 3/4 inch deep, and the pin is .180" diameter and
>> protrudes .150" into the handlebar.  Using a set of number
>> drills and a pin vise, drill the hole out two sizes at a time
>> to .096".
>
>Sounds like the locating dowel on both the T3 and T5 switchgear, in
>which case a quicker fix is to screw a small self-tapper into the
>boss.

Yup.  The benefit of the hex head cap screw is that it is exactly the
same size as the original pin, so it is a permanent fix with the same
characteristics as the original, except sturdier.

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx