long diSTance (was: Re: New Subscriber)

At 0:55 15/4/99, Eric Sheley wrote:
>Have only done a few hundred miles at a shot, but no complaints at all. Am
>planning a few longer trips, so will keep you posted. The bags as far as I
>can tell cause no (or very little) performance degradation - I've had it
>running at speeds over 120 actual (130+ indicated) for 20-30 miles and even
>with wind gusts etc have not found the handling to be any worse than with
>the bags removed. Of course I think the official recommended limit with
>bags on is 80mph, so that they can refuse liability if you do something
>stupid .....

I rode Canberra-Sydney-Canberra (600 km with five pauses) this afternoon to
exchange some gloves and the bike was really comfortable. I'd be stiffer
after sitting for 5 or 6 hours (with breaks) in one chair, than I am after
5 or 6 hours in the saddle. In fact my back was stiffer *before* the ride.

(sniff) I love my bike...   :)

 - Lorin
(Coffee? Want it black don't you! Black like your soul!  -Monty Burns)