Re: Panniers, fuel gauges, and a company that couldn't find the horse they rode i

Paul Steinbacher wrote:

> > > (beginning to wish it was a ST4, ...or a R1100S, ... or a VFR800 w/
> Givis)
> > >
> > >  *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
> > Rick, Your sounding like me. I almost bought back my VTR over this Whole
> > Pipe/tune, no Luggage Rack (yet), and the bags are at the dealer but
> > without the blankety blank hinges. That's right panniers arrived two
> > weeks ago without the hinges. Now my son isn't getting the spring
> > vacation we planned on. Rather Sucks aye ol chap? I called georgia the
> > other day and talked to Shaun, then Liza etc.  The ONLY THING THAT IS
> > KEEPING THIS THING FROM GOING BACK. Is it just rails, confidence
> > inspiring in the corners. Just a fabulous carver. But I am getting
> > really tired of soft luggage and it is tearing up my paint. You know no
> > matter how hard you try it is going to leave marks. Maybe triumph would
> > be interested in paying for a paint job? I'll end this before I get to
> > whipped up. Regards Steve.
> >
> I hate to sound like a Triumph defender, but as a former VTR owner, I think
> the ST is just a waayyyy better motorcycle. Guess I was lucky enough to get
> my bags because the dealer ordered a set on a special deal in the very
> beginning without knowing if he would be able to sell them. Triumph was
> probably really caught off guard on this whole thing and did not anticipate
> the reception. Hang in there, the bags are really nice and add a whole
> dimension to the bike that a VFR with Givi's or VTR with Corbins could never
> have. The bike was designed with this in mind, the capacity to carry it is
> there. Check out the GVWR on either of the Honda's and see where you are
> going to go with a 2up luggage laden bike. Does Honda offer (stand behind)
> any of the other options you can get with the ST? The European manufacturers
> see things differently than the eastern ones at this point in time. This is
> really a great bike, you just have to be willing to suffer with some of the
> waiting if you want to be in on the front end like us. I am still waiting
> for quite a few items too but I think long term it will prove worth it. Just
> my .56 cents.
>
> Paul & Dee

Paul and Dee, I agree the sprint is light years ahead of my VTR. It will
do everything better than the vtr would do especially cover ground. I
was in the zone for quite some time. Quit pestering the dealer ( he is
really doing his best and a much better job than I could do) and was
just going to gut it out like a big boy. Your quite right. Spring
vacation has hit for the oldest son and we were going to take a couple
of trial runs for the big summer run down the coast. We needed to pack
and repack on the road and try to pare down the list so we have
something of a program developed. Thanks for the encouragement, Regards
Steve.