Re: fuel guage :^&*&*^&*:!

=>After 180km on the trip showing the fuel guage did its usual trick of dropping
straight to the red; ignored it as usual, but then the fuel warning light came
on.  Had to do a 20km detour to the nearest gas/petrol station, but only
squeezed in 11.2 litres !!!!   That left 10l remaining (21 l tank).  If I cant
trust the fuel warning light to come on with 4l remaining I am running out of
things to try....
=>I might have to start carrying a dip stick; this is getting silly.
=>

Saturday exactly the same thing happened to me. The guage dropped
suddenly to the red zone and the warning light came on. I was a bit
suspicious because my trip meter only showed 220 Km. which was way
too little to refule. So I stopped and I fitted only about 11 liters
as well !! And to think that I thought I noticed some improvement in
the gauge during the last few rides :-((
Anyhow, what I normally do is set the trip meter back to zero every
time I refuel and make sure the next refuel is after about 300 km.
This gives you a pretty safe margin.

Ciao,
Carlo
All Black Sprint ST