Re: Weekend Ride / Oil Leak

. I did a high speed run up through the space center, logging about 60
>miles. I decided to put in at home for some food and then was planning on
>riding south. Pulled into the garage, hopped off and did a check
>underneath. Before I even got part way down, I could tell I had problems.
>The lower fairing was covered with oil. Getting down for a closer
>inspection, I found that I had leaks at several points. The entire
>underside was coated with oil, including the center stand, the exhaust, and
>the swingarm. Pulled the fairing, cleaned up the mess and then re tightened
>all bolts to spec - at this point, I will let it sit until the new bolts
>are available .....
>
>The good news is that I had time to make the templates for the
>invincashield ... and I am now getting really fast at pulling the fairing....
>
>- Eric
Eric,
 That was the sound of everybody running out to the garage. The leaks were
only from the bolts scheduled for replacement by the service bulletin?

Duner Tor
Bozeman MT     '

'99 RT, '96 GS ,'97 Bandit 12, '99 Triumph Sprint ST
IBA RA MOA  IMTC RBR
WITHIPH  Butt Lite 5000
I Know You Rider