Re: st-digest V1999 #33

Dear ST-members,

Eric suggested I include this information and I hope to meet some of you
during our Southern California Fun Festa.

I am personally inviting you and any Motorcyclist with any make or model
Motorcycle to join us. It would be our pleasure to have you accompany us
for fun and frolic.

We have set aside the days of 9,10,11 April 1999 for what we anticipate
will be a fun filled extended three-day weekend. We have interest in
doing this so I thought I would invite any Motorcycle Enthusiast
to join us. You can join us for all three days or part there
of. This is the schedule of events so far and we hope to see you there.

Day 1 Friday (4/9/99)
Rosemond,California (90 miles east of Los Angeles)

Willow Springs Raceway with the Trackriders, the track day organizers
for Willow Springs, it is $100 if we pre-register. Detailed Track
information may be obtained at: http://www.fastrackriders.com/
Bottom line expect to spend $100 for Track use alone. Plus Petrol,
transportation, meals. Hotel for Thursday night if you are not a local.
I have reservations at the Essex house is 805 948 0961. All you need to
do is tell them you are a WSMC member (willow springs motorcycle club)
and you get a 20% discount .

Day 2 Saturday (4/10/99)
Puerto Nuevo, Baja Mexico (51 Kilometers south of the Mexico/USA Border)

This is a good time to bring your significant other and or family for a
spectacular Ocean view, dining and some shopping. This is a great time
to unwind and talk about how fast we thought we were going on the Track.
Meet us at the Puerto Viejo restaurant where they catch and serve fresh
Pacific Lobster, make home made refried beans and tortillas. Plan to
start at 3:00 PM to enjoy the day on the second story outdoor patio.
Take the Tijuana/ US Border and head towards Ensenada. Get on the Quota
(toll) road. Go just under 51 Kilometers and head right to the Free Road
like you are going to Ensenada (south). At 51 Kilometers you have there.
The area is called Puerto Nuevo or Newport. Go right (west) when you
reach Puerto Nuevo and proceed on the main road until you reach one
block before the end tee intersection. You will pass a whole host of
restaurants but we will be at the Puerto Viejo. Make a right or south a
block before the tee and it is on the right. Head upstairs where all the
noise is and join in.  Expect to spend up to $15 for the meal alone.
Booze, I have no idea how much you folks can consume.

Day 3 Sunday (4/11/99)
Palomar Mountain (50 miles east of San Diego)

Meet up at Palomar anytime during the day. Then hang out for as long as
we like at the top and then we can go up and down the tight side and the
fast side of Palomar.  A map is linked to my webpage listed below under
action photos. It is Chris Kelley's webpage and has a nice map of
Palomar.

Kind Regards,
John King
http://www.znet.com/~skyking