Re: Sprint ST Hugger

The original T509/595 hugger fitted to my Speed Triple 509 in 10/97 had two large holes to locate the bolts on the single swing arm just forward of the rear wheel. These holes were in about 2-3mm thick plastic, and they cracked around the holes within 150km.  The new version of hugger (sold from 1998 onwards I beleive) has more like 4-5 mm thick plastic around these holes.  I cannot tell of any other differences, but if I get my old 509 and the ST side-by-side this weekend or next I will take some digital photos and send them in, or at least make detailed notes.  I doubt that any huggers left in stock in shops are of the old design, but it is possible perhaps.  If it cracks up within a few hundred miles take it back and demand a new one I guess.
cheers
Jonathan

At 01:50 AM 03/27/1999 -0500, Rick wrote:
>Just got the hugger for my Sprint ST; which is to say I'm going to install
the Speed Triple/Daytona hugger on it.

Can you take a picture of it after mounting for the accessory page?

>  Someone mentioned that some mounting
>points on the 'new' huggers had been 'thickened' for strength against
>cracking.  I don't anything to compare it too, but this one doesn't seem
to be 'thickened' anywhere.  Then again, it may be the improved one, I just don't