Re: HiBeam/LoBeam, 1 light or 2

It was German law (and perhaps other EC continental countries) until 1998 that only one headlight on bikes could be lit at any time; either for hi or low beam.  This has since changed but bikes are usually factory delivered with right light for dipped and left for hi beam.  A simple DM10, ($4) connector from Triumph is required to make both lights work on dipped and main beam.  I am still awaiting the connector for my bike, but the mod was done on my 509 without problems.
I dont know if it is still Euro spec that only one light can be used for each, or whether some euro countries still have this law in place?
cheers
Jonathan
ps. Dont take your bike in for the teflon/bolt recall (engine bolts) until your dealer has the bolts 'cos otherwise they will hold onto your bike until they get them! :(

>>> Carlo Costanzo - SUN Italy <carloc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 07/04/99 10:47:09 >>>
=>
=>Lorin wrote:
=>
=>>Both my headlights are used for both hi and lo beam, but I have seen two
=>>previous reports of STs using one light for each beam. Maybe Triumph
=>>changed it for some reason.
=>>
=>>Whuy would they? Any ideas Eric?
=>

Here in Italy we get them with the low beam on the right and the high
beam on the left (which by the way gives a great view of the tree tops
 ... needs some adjustment ;-)). Shifting from low to high excludes the
other and vice versa. Blinking only will leave the low beam on.

=>The US spec bikes use both lights for both high and low beams. I am
=>guessing that it may be a little cheaper (or maybe easier) to make it with
=>one bulb for each, but find it strange that you would have two bikes in
=>Australia with different set ups.
=>
=>So basically, I have no idea...
=>