Recall#2 Oil Leak/Loose Bolts

>Just got a call from the dealer (in Hessiche dialect of German!) that
Triumph have announced a serious and immediate >Apparently one of the
engine bolts is of the incorrect size/finish and consequently can work
itself loose, leading to >leakage of all the engine oil!
>If someone could clarify from an english speaking dealer (my german is not
that good) exactly what the problem is that >would be great.

Just rang my dealer as I was supposed to have the first service on my ST
tomorrow.
He confirmed me that Triumph recalls all ST to have the crankcase bolts
replaced.
He told me that the quality of the steal used for these bolts is too hard,
therefore they can't cope with all
the engine vibrations and get loose. Bolts are ordered and my service is
postponed till they get them.

Check for oil leaking before taking your bike ..

  Patrice  . France .