Re: Motormanagement sign

>At 12:09 AM 04/06/1999 +0200, Walter wrote:
>I picked up my sprint almost two weeks ago.
>It is fantastic compared with my former bike a Yamaha XJ900S diversion.
>Everything, I mean really everything, is one million times better on the
>ST.

Congratulations

>Everything you people wrote is true !!!

well, there is some truth mixed in our posts.

>But now at 600 km I already have a problem.
>The motormanagement sign keeps staying on all the time.
>What can be wrong ???

The ECU tracks approximately 67 different faults of which approximately 55
will cause the system warning lamp to illuminate. If the unit senses no
problem for 3 warm up cycles (not just on and off) the light will go off,
but the fault code will remain stored in the system for 40 cycles so that
the dealer can read the code. In any event it would be wise to get the bike
to your dealership as soon as possible.

>I understand I have to go to my dealer, but what can be wrong.
>Could the alarm have something to do with it ???

Maybe if it was causing some sort of short, but I could not find a code
that specifically showed the alarm as source of a fault. Your dealer should
be able to read the code in about 10 minutes of time.

Let us know how it turns out

- - Eric