Progressive, taillight, location, and Hail

I noticed that when the brake light comes on, it lights up only the
right half of the rear light.  Is this normal or do I have a glitch?
- ----------- Lisa, I ahd the same problem and it was my wife who asked me
about it. I though it was normal. At the first service I asked and they
took a look and the left bulb was bad, replaced it free and no problem
since --------------------

Also, for you Texas riders, we just had a quote from Progressive for
insurance for $1500 for the Exec and the ST in Harris County.  It goes
down to $1330 with an AMA membership, which we promptly got.
- -------- I have Progressive and AMA and was quoted $256 for the ST until
I picked it up and they noticed that the engine had gone up from the
885cc to 955cc so the price went up to $326. That would have made both
bikes came in at $582 for me. After I took the MSF advanced course I
called Progressive and they deducted another $31 from my premium. I'm
fifty and no tickets but that's quite a bit of difference.--------------

	Location, I live in Texas and that might be central to all of the
states but Arkansas and Missouri has more quality roads for bikes in my
opinion, That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

	Hail. Robert, hope you weren't out yesterday riding North of Dallas. My
wife and I were out on the back roads yesterday afternoon when we
completed a sweet curve and ran into a golf ball sized hail storm! I
stopped and turned around in hopes of outrunning it to no avail. That
stuff hurt! There was nowhere to go and I rode about two miles until I
saw a open barn off the road. We rode through a ditch and field into
shelter. Have you ever seen a golf ball sized stone hit your face shield
and explode? Scary stuff. I though for sure the windscreen or shield
would break as several large hits and explosions took place with loud
pop's and brilliant ice shreds flying. All ended well and after the hail
we rode about fifty miles back home in the rain. Outstanding stability
in the wet. Very sure-footed and confidence inspiring. We were both wet
on the upper body but my legs except for the top knee were dry. Hint, I
told my wife that I should have sensed something coming when I saw the
horses in the field in front of us start wildly running in all
directions.
- --
"Off to see the Lizard"

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays