Re: ST Rally

At 11:12 PM 04/04/1999 -0500, Lisa wrote:
>So far, it looks like Avon, CO is winning the race for an ST gathering
>place with 4 votes (Richard & I are one).  Arkansas has one vote, and
>Tennessee/North Carolina Smoky Mountains has one vote.  Albuquerque has
>one vote, I think . . . What do the rest of you think?  Also, what time
>of the year--late August / early September?  I'm keeping a running tally

Well, Lisa - I think you have been elected to ST Rally Coordinator ;-)

With such a large Australian presence on the list, the halfway point would
probably be Hawaii, but as shipping costs would be prohibitive for most
(including myself) I guess that is out .....

I personally would be willing to ride anywhere in the US, although I would
prefer not to ride all the way to Washington as it would chew up too much
vacation time for me. Maybe the best thing would be for all interested
parties to come up with a distance that they would be willing to travel for
the get together and then using those mileages, see where would give us the
ability to have the most ST owners show up.

If we choose Colorado, mid to late August would be good for me. Have a ride
to Key West (FL Keys Poker Run) in September and as my wife and I both go
on this, I won't be rescheduling it. Also will probably do a run to the TN
/ NC area for a run of the Blue Ridge Pkwy in July and then again in
October to enjoy the fall foliage.

- - Eric