Rallys and such

Just sold my trusty Concours, of 12 years,  to the second guy that looked at
it.  He just "had to have it" and didn't even ride it!!!!   After 12 years
with my trustry steed, I'm now in the throes of withdrawals, as the weather
was too bad in Denver to pick up the new ST.

I've been saving all of the pertinent comments re: recalled center stand,
vibrating mirros, inaccurate fuel guage, etc., to bring to my dealer before
I put the cash down for the bike.  Has anyone heard whether or not Triumph
is finally acknowledging that the sending unit is the problem for the gas
guage, or is this just one isolated fix that a dealer has recommended.

As for a rally.  I've been a memeber of COG (Concours Owners Group) since
its inception.  They have evolved into an incredibly well organized, grass
roots organization.  They have a yearly 'National' rally, and I must say
that the 'Concours 10th anniversary rally' in Avon, CO beat them all.  Avon,
is just outside of Vail, we got great rates from a hotel who was sympathetic
to motorcyclists (I can look it up if you're interested), and everyday was
filled with twisties, flying sweepers and incredible scenery.

Well, thats my 3 cents worth.

Lance LaCerte,   Denver, CO