Re: Intro and Questions

At 10:43 24/3/99, Eric Sheley wrote:
>Sas,
<snip>
>>tender. Does this sound familiar or should I be asking for a new battery?
>
>I would watch it and see how it behaves, but let your dealer know that your
>having the problem. We have had one lister that I know of (in Australia)
>that had a battery that was defective from the factory and was replaced
>under warranty. If you continue to have problems, then pursue it...

I think I am the lister to whom Eric refers.

My problems started when I left the ingition on one night,the battery was
flat the next morning. 2-3 days later the battery was drained by my alarm
(not a Triumph alarm) being set off three times while I was in a movie.
Over the next few days my battery was a fifty-fifty proposition. The local
dealer arranged a replacement battery from Triumph Australia, then took
three days to test to old one and the bike's electricals, found no problem
and returned the bike to me.

Three times since (you would think I'd learn. D'oh!) I have left the
ignition on and not had enough juice to start. The last time was at the MC
maintenance course I'm doing, the ignition was on for only twenty minutes
or so and there wasn't quite enough in the battery to start the bike. The
mechanic teaching the course is going to test it for me again on Tuesday.
I'll let you know what we find.

 - Lorin