Re: New Sprint

At 04:42 PM 04/02/1999 -0500, Rick wrote:
>Man, Im gonna be pissed if Triumph introduces a new Sprint in November that
>has more/better colors available, lighter weight, the same motor, and for
>less money as the rumor says...  They say it will have a cafe' fairing and
>double sided swingarm.  I'm sure Triumph and/or aftermarket will create
extra
>fairing parts for those wanting them and a single sided swinger really
oesn't
>add anything (except weight) anyway.

I think we can pretty much expect this bike at the end of the year or
beginning of next year. From the different things I've seen on it

- - The engine will be the same
- - Will use the 600 double sided swingarm - because of this, there will not
be a hard luggage offering
- - You can get it in any colour you want as long as it is yellow
- - Will have a half fairing like the old Sprint
- - Retail price about 800-1000 Brit Pounds less

Of course all of this is pretty much is unsubstantiated rumor at the
current time, but if these pieces of info are true, I will still opt for
the ST. I really like the look of the single sided swingarm and would not
want to give up the hard luggage option. Plus for the last 10 years or so,
all my bikes have been half or no faired bikes - glad to have a full
fairing again.

I will be very happy however if there is a new ST Sport in the fall, as it
means that Triumph is firmly behind the Sprint line.

- - Eric