Re: Introduction / windsheild vibration

Eric,

	Are you saying your windsheild doesn't flex just a little?  When I
get up to about 60mph, the top edges do shake a little.  Therefore the
mirrors shake a little too.  It didn't seem that bad, and I could still
see objects in the mirrors clearly.  Then again my reference is my last
bike, a '97 Sportster, where the mirrors vibrated past 30mph to the point
of being practically worthless.

	Are your mirrors always rock solid?

Thanks,

David

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Eric Sheley wrote:

> Greetings Patrice,
>
> You even posted before my normal welcome email, so here is the line just so
> you don't feel left out.
>
> "Welcome to new subscribers,
> BEGUERY@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> This is an open format list, so feel free to post about whatever you like,
> but maybe send a short post about yourself, where you ride etc. (or maybe
> what you would like to see on the ST site....)"
>
> (believe me, you'll get really tired of seeing that email come across....)
>
> >My name is Patrice Beguery . I'am french (sorry about that)  and leave in
> >south of France .
>
> no problem - no french bashing here (not yet anyway ;-) and if you own a ST
> that makes you ok in our book
>
> >I have a question about the windshield. When driving over 160 km/h it is
> >shaking very much
> >so I can't even see in the mirror . Does anyone has the same problem . If
> >yes any idea to fix it .
>
> When you say "it is shaking" are you referring to the screen or your head?
> Have not seen a screen shake at all, so I would assume it is your head.
> This may be caused by your body height, too light of a setting on the rear
> shock (especially if carrying a passenger) or it may be completely normal
> (wow - talk about being no help at all)
>
> There will be some wind blast especially at higher speeds and where you are
> coming off a Trophy, I would assume that feeling may be quite different
> than what you are used to. If it is just the normal wind blast, you may
> want to pick up one of the new taller windshields from Triumph that should
> be available any day now - it should knock down the amount of wind hitting
> you.
>
> >Hope my english is understandable .
>
> no problem - better than mine on some days .....
>
> - Eric

End of st-digest V1999 #28