Re: New ST

At 01:10 AM 04/02/1999 -0700, Duner wrote:
> I'm just back from Sioux Falls SD, where I picked up the ST. Red,
>bags,heated grips, and new centerstand. I only got a chance to ride it for
>150 miles of mostly boring roads, but it's all I expected. The trip home
>was a monumental loser. The ST was on my trailer, and it was 800 miles of
>snow ,ice, slush, and wind. The bike and trailer had so much ice caked on
>them that the new weight distribution created an oscillating tank-slapper
>type reaction everytime I hit a bump. Almost lost it once in WY. I could
>have used some Invincashield. The bike with a solid inch of brown crust on
>it deserved a photo.

Wow - what a trip - by saying it deserved a photo, am I to assume that you
did not get a shot of this? If you did, please send it to me so I can get
it on the site.

> Someone, I hope on this list, mentioned the clutch lever being a bit of a
>reach and ultimately tiring. I think a fix was mentioned, and, if so, I'd
>like to hear it again. Thanks.

I've seen a message about adjusting the slack, but not about changing the
reach. I know that on the T5's the lever is sometimes changed out for a dog
leg style for a Kawasaki. Not sure if it would fit the ST, but I will look
into it.

In the meantime, maybe someone else has another suggestion

- - Eric