Re: Canadian news

At 03:58 AM 03/31/1999 +0000, Robert Andre wrote:
>For the good news, I'm supposed to pick up my bike on Thursday,
>hopefully it'll be nice out there.  At this time of year the
>average high is 42F (6C) so I've got my fingers crossed. Heck
>there's still snow in my backyard ...

Congratulations! At least you have a socket for heated clothing ...

>The performance exhaust hasn't arrived yet.  Triumph doesn't

that's ok - you won't be pushing it anyway for the first few hundred kms

>I don't think they have received the new centerstand or whatever

delivery seems to be pretty regular on it - if they don't have it already,
you should get it soon.

>Just to make sure I haven't missed anything, I should make sure
>my dealer knows about:
>
>Speedo problem

a lot seem to do it - nothing really that the dealer will be able to do
unless it is way off - if you need James or my data on accuracy, let me
know and I'll resend it to you.

>Centerstand recall
>New EFI mapping

still haven't gotten a good response from anyone on this. As far as I can
tell, the only new tune for the ST is in association with the new pipe.
Each bike may require some adjustment of the tune by the dealership, but
that would be on a case by case basis.

>Fuel tank problem (or maybe it's the way it's supposed to be)

well, the posted info on the measuring would say that it should go down
slowly at the beginning and then faster the further down the tank you go.
My only problem is that it does not move ** at all ** for the first 120
miles and I know that it is using at least 2 gallons to go that far....

>Is there anything else I should ask ?

I think you've covered it all

Enjoy - I hope the weather holds out for you

- - Eric